Boca Raton Business Valuation Lawyer
Sound Approaches to Business Valuation in Florida Divorce
Property division issues in your divorce can be complicated by either spouse’s equity in a closely held corporation or the operation of a family business during the marriage. What’s the marital property value of the business interest, and how should it be divided?
The attorneys of Brodie & Friedman, P.A. understand business asset valuation problems in the context of divorce. If you need advice about the best ways to consider the value of your business interests as components of the marital estate, contact our office in Boca Raton.
Advice About Business Valuations in Florida
The divorce lawyers at Brodie & Friedman, P.A. work closely with clients, accountants and financial experts to develop accurate understandings of the value of business interests that either spouse or both spouses own as part of the marital estate. We then integrate the business valuation data and its supporting evidence into a broader property division strategy that can be effective in settlement negotiations, mediation or trial of contested issues.
Asset valuation by itself is only part of the equation. We also look at business debt in order to determine net values. We also examine asset characterization issues — should all or part of a business interest be considered as marital property, or should it be treated as separate property that is not subject to division?
Our comprehensive approach to business valuation questions in divorce can benefit you in a variety of situations:
- Family retail or restaurant businesses
- Home-based professional, consulting, contracting or service businesses
- Professional practices in accounting, medicine, insurance or law
- Real estate investment or property management companies
- Businesses started by one spouse prior to marriage that continued and grew during the marriage
- Corporate or partnership interests affected by the terms of a shareholder agreement, partnership agreement or prenuptial agreement
- Business debt division issues
Contact our Boca Raton business valuation lawyer
Our ability to master the details of specific business valuation questions and make effective strategic use of the information in a complex divorce case can give you a significant advantage toward a favorable outcome in property division disputes. Contact Brodie & Friedman, P.A. in Boca Raton to learn how you can benefit from our experience.