Kelly Clarkson has been talking about her divorce from Brandon Blackstock after nearly seven years of marriage. She reported that songwriting has helped her heal during her divorce. In fact, she has been inspired to write about 60 songs.
Clarkson said: ““I think that’s a blessing in itself. Anytime you go through some life, it’s such an awesome thing to have that outlet, regardless of whether people hear it or not.”
She was working on a “really honest” record.
“I don’t know how anybody, I’ll just be real with you, goes through grief like divorce, any kind of grief, any kind of loss, without having an outlet like this,” she said.
Clarkson and Blackstock Share daughter River, 6, and son Remington, 4.
She described her life as “little bit of a dumpster”. She has turned to friends who have been through a divorce for advice. The hardest part of the divorce is worrying about the children. Clarkson has been able to confide with Alicia (Keys) for solace. They agreed that it’s your babies that you worry about.
Clarkson has focused on her strongest connections with the people she loves to get her through and help her cope.
The Kelly Clarkson’s experience teaches us that:
- All women going through divorce, no matter what status, share some core issues, especially a deep concern for their children and the need to grieve.
- Honesty with yourself and others is the safest course of action in the long run.
- Find a healthy outlet to express your grief if you don’t already have one – whatever it is.
- Make contact with people, including family and friends. Find some outside interests involving other people such as clubs from book clubs to rugby, there is something out there for everyone.
- Avoid becoming bitter by making a positive connection with the people you love.
If you’re considering a separation or divorce in a high asset divorce we can help.
With over 30 years of combined experience, Jason Brodie Esq. and Joshua Friedman Esq. will guide you toward realistic goals and provide committed advocacy toward achieving them. They are known throughout South Florida for dedicated client service, tenacity, and success in complex divorce litigation involving property division, child custody, and spousal support.
To get a better understanding of the qualities our reputation is built on, contact our office in Boca Raton to schedule your initial phone consultation (561) 392-5100