|Location||Boca Raton, Florida|
Serving as a champion of Florida families for a decade, Jason A. Brodie, Esquire believes family matters are delicate matters. It is a philosophy that is proven time and again, as he advises clients about their marital, parental and children’s rights. He works closely with clients to resolve concerns, relieve anxiety, and develop practical solutions to avoid or defend against difficult family-related legal challenges. Demonstrating the understanding, compassion and recognition that each family deserves and his ability to deal with the issues at hand, make him and his partner Joshua K. Friedman unparalleled on a broad range of issues, which include, Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody, Child Support, Timesharing, Alimony & Spousal Support, Domestic Violence, Paternity, and Equitable Distribution (Property Division).
Jason earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with honors from the University of Florida in 1997 and his J.D. (Juris Doctor) in 2000 from the University of Miami, School of Law. Upon his admittance to the Florida Bar, Jason began his legal career in South Florida with a boutique law firm. Jason took his experiences from this firm and decided that by co-founding a private boutique practice, Brodie & Friedman, P.A., divorce attorneys in Boca Raton, it would better afford him the opportunity to give every client the individualized attention they deserve. Jason is a member of the Florida Bar, the Palm Beach County Bar Association and the South Palm Beach County Bar Association. Jason has been recognized by his peers as a 2010 Rising Star and 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers magazine. In addition, Jason was awarded the 2014 & 2015 Client Distinction Award by Lawyers.com and was voted Nation’s Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel in 2015 & 2016. Jason has been featured on local and national media. Jason has shared his family law counsel regarding timely headline news stories on NBC Today, MSNBC, Fox News, Nancy Grace, WPTV NewsChannel 5, WPBF Channel 25 and WPEC Channel 12.
Active in the community, he has served on his community’s bylaws committee for two years and now serves on it nominating committee. He is a member of the Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce, and sponsors community events such as the Allianz Championship, a Champions PGA Tour event that benefits Boca Raton Community Hospital, and the Palm Beach County March of Dimes Signature Chefs & Wine Extravaganza. He also on the Professional Advisory Committee of the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County and supports Stand Among Friends that promotes opportunities for people with disabilities to live a life without limits and experience the highest degree of independence and success in their communities; the Anti-Defamation League, the nation’s premier civil rights/human relations agency that fights anti-semitism and all forms of bigotry, defends democratic ideals and protects civil rights for all, as well as advocacy organizations that provide safe havens for victims of domestic violence such as Women In Distress of Broward County.
A Maryland native, Jason has called Florida home for more than 20 years. He is married to Jaclyn, who is also an attorney. The couple are proud parents of two children.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Champion Award Silver Distinction, 2017
- The American Society of Legal Advocates Top 100 Family Lawyers in Florida 2018
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2017
- Lawyers.com 2015 Client Distinction Award to Jason Brodie
- Florida Super Lawyers 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star 2017
- Top Attorney in Florida, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Client Distinction Award, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- National Advocates Top 100 Matrimonial and Family Lawyers 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Nation’s Top One Percent, 2015, 2016, 2017
- American Registry, America’s Most Honored Professionals, 2016
- American Institute of Family Law, Top 10 Family Law Firms 2016, 2017
- South Florida Legal Guide, Florida Legal Elite 2016, 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- March of Dimes Event, Chair, 2011
- March of Dimes Event, Sponsor, 2010
- Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Allianz Championship, a Champions PGA Tour event , Sponsor, 2011 – Present
- Business and Professional Division of the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach, Founding Cabinet Member
- Jewish Federation PAC , Member, 2011 – Present
- B’Nai Israel Chunakuahrama , Sponsor, 2011 – Present
- American Heart Association